Monday, August 17, 2009

Arrival

My sister Sheila Pruden, her husband Brian, my niece Suzen and my great nephew Orlando meet me at the airport. Susan (21) is wearing a winter jacket which is a little disconcerting. There's definitely a nip to the air. We head to their home on 836 Dusseault Court to pack to head out to the Pruden's camp on Spud Island in the North Arm of Great Slave Lake.

Visitor's arrive to great the city slicker to see if I've got any bush posh! Brian's mom and sister stop by. Neighbours; Marcia and Gary, Dave, Joe, and Ed and Whi with Baby Charlie. Ed is one of those northern eccentrics that you hear about. He's main activity is gathering other people's cast-offs. I kind of feel like I'm in an episode of Northern Exposure.

By 6 pm we've got our supplies packed in the boat and head to the launch in Old Town. I've bundled up with a polar fleece jacket, a toque and scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment