Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Images by Jessica Duncan Blog: http://foodgovernance.wordpress.com/ Twitter: @foodgovernance

Sami Kids - I love the one girl's tights. This is during the ceremony where we all gave soil from our native lands. My soil was from Brule Creek Farm where the land was cleared in the late 1800's. 
Where I didn't stay beside Lake Dalvvadis. My traditional dress - down vest, backpack, Timex watch, black tunic and skirt, John Fluevog Guides and shawl I bought in the Sami market beside the conference site.
These guys switched their traditional dress! India and Jordan. Jordan and India. Khalid from Jordan got into the switcheroo a few times! He declined, when I asked if he wanted to switch with me.
Styling! I think - Bhrvad from India. Then, Bolor from Mongolia and Lalji from India.
Lovely conference site vs. a hotel near an airport.
One of two Canadian delegates.
Jess and girls!

Midnight in Jokkmokk - view from the highest point. Bhrvad - always styling! It was so interesting to see how the clothing was used. Lalji showed Tahnibaa and I how he tied one type of turban.

No comments:

Post a Comment